Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tonight's Memory Order

I will praise the Lord at all times.
I will constantly speak his praises.

I will boast only in the Lord
Let all who are discouraged take heart

Come let us tell of the Lords greatness
Let us exalt His name together.

I prayed to the Lord and he answered me
Freeing me from all my fears.


Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy 
no shadow of shame will darken their faces.


I cried out to the Lord in my suffering and He heard me 
He set me free from all my fears.  


As I sit on the couch with the almost 12 year old in the photo below I am struck once again by our powerful God.   We are studying for tomorrow's Bible memory verse time at school....verses 5 & 6 are on the docket for tomorrow and they are really sticking out to me.....no shadow of shame for those who look to HIM for help.  I'm noticing it doesn't say I have to know the answer or work harder or pray the perfect prayer or act like I'm the perfect Christian.  I just have to look to Him for help and I'll have joy - radiant joy.  I'm learning to give up and trust that He hears my cries of suffering and the God of the miracles will set me free from all my fears.  Phewf.

No comments:

Post a Comment