Thursday, February 11, 2010

Screwed up for life. An Introduction

After a recent trip to Uganda Africa...I am indeed screwed up for life - this guy told me I would be and now I would have to 100% agree that this is the case.  So now, I've seen poverty.... endless poverty, with my own eyes.  And I live in Canada...so now what?  Now what?!?!?!?  is my continuous feeling and question.  So welcomed to my odyssey of being SUFL...





Meet Katherina.  She is in her late 80's and lives in a home (small room made of bricks & mud) because of a good samaritan.  An old straw mat to sleep on, one outfit, 2 cans to carry water are pretty much all she has to her name.  What has happened to bring her to this place?   ....a husband who died too young of aids, no children, neighbors who watched as thieves molested and stole from her, those who bullied her and took the land she owned and survived on.  Now she says her whole body aches and her heart gives her pain.... yet she shows joy and clapped her frail hands together thanking God that muzungus (white people) were in her home before she died.    We gave only a  bucket full of rice, maze, salt and soap.  A mat, a mosquito net, a blanket and a prayer. Katherina gave me perspective of life, and a God who truly can sustain and bring joy and comfort with the help of nothing and nearly no one else. My life is blessed, in my Canadian eyes....hers is not. Yet  she is in God's arms of comfort, experiences His joy and leans only on Him - and Him alone.   And I need a new lipgloss.   

It is better to take refuge in the LORD - than to trust in man.
It is better to take refuge in the LORD - than to trust in princes.
Psalm 118:8&9

No comments:

Post a Comment